Nurse Health Coach
Controlling your condition.
The goal of ASBAIT’s nurse health coaching program is to help you as a member of ASBAIT control chronic conditions. The program will help you set achievable steps and goals to assist you with living a healthy lifestyle.
If you have an ongoing medical condition, you are far from alone. According to a recent study, nearly 50% of Americans have medical conditions of one kind or another. These conditions cause major limitations in daily living for almost 1 out of 10 people. However, by adopting healthy behaviors, such as eating nutritious food, being physically active and avoiding tobacco, you can reduce or eliminate complications associated with your condition.
Participating in the program.
If you are invited to participate in ASBAIT’s nurse health coaching program and you choose to do so, you promptly receive information about the program’s resources and educational opportunities. You may also enroll yourself if you think you might benefit from the program.
Getting the assistant you need.
As a program participant, you will be assigned a personal nurse health coach. Your health coach is a registered nurse who uses motivational techniques to build your self-confidence in managing your condition. He or she also identifies ways you can get and stay healthy.
Specifically your nurse coach will:
- Help you set targets and goals, such as lowering your blood sugar, controlling your blood pressure and reducing your cholesterol.
- Provide information on warning signs and symptoms, and what to do if they occur.
- Help you comply with your physician’s plan of care.
- Provide educational resources specific to your needs.
- Direct you to community resources.
ASBAIT’s nurse health coaching program helps members manage the following conditions:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chronic pain (caused by arthritis or lower back pain)
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
Think you may benefit from the program?
If you think you would benefit from the nurse health coaching program but you have not been contacted, please call 1.855.527.2248.